Thursday, March 26, 2009

Worth A Thousand Words


It is said... 
"A picture is worth a Thousand words".
As an Art teacher 
I don't know how many times
I said that to my students,
to encouage them to be "Artists" 
for 50 minutes, once a week. 
But it all came together
when they saw THEIR picture 
up on the wall in the school hallway.

My favorite thing was to walk down 
the hallway and hear a sweet voice say,
"right there Mom, thats MY picture". 
Sometimes I would catch a teenager, 
that never claimed and interest in 'ART', 
 
staring at a Masterpiece, they created. 

A THOUSAND WORDS could not 
describe the heart felt Joy in me,

knowing I was a small part of that 
moment of pride, and pleasure, 
stirred up in the heart of that child. 

I hope you get the picture. 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin